Anushka Shetty is an Indian actress who was born on November 7, 1981 in Mangalore, Karnataka, India. She made her acting debut in the 2005 Telugu film “Super” and later gained recognition with her role in the blockbuster film “Arundhati” (2009). She mainly works in Telugu and Tamil films. She went on to star in many successful films such as “Vedam” (2010), “Baahubali: The Beginning” (2015) and “Baahubali: The Conclusion” (2017), which are considered as some of the highest-grossing Indian films of all time. Shetty has won several awards for her performances, including multiple Filmfare Awards and has been honored with several awards throughout her career, including multiple Filmfare Awards.
In addition to her acting career, Anushka Shetty is also known for her philanthropic work, she adopted a village in Andhra Pradesh, India and provided basic facilities to the villagers. The actress is a trained yoga instructor, and often shares her yoga practices on social media with her fans. Shetty is a role model for many young girls and women in the industry, and is known for her humility and graciousness. Anushka Shetty has a huge fan following on social media platforms and is considered one of the most popular actresses in the South Indian film industry.Anushka Shetty continues to be an influential figure in the Indian film industry, known for her dedication to her craft and her commitment to making meaningful contributions to society.
Anushka Shetty Biography
|Real/Full Name||Anushka Shetty|
|Date Of Birth||7th Nov 1981|
|Birth Place||Mangalore, Karnataka|
|Residence||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad|
|Father Name ||A N Vittal Shetty|
|Mother Name||Prafulla Shetty|
|Siblings Name Brothers ||Gunaranjan Shetty and Sai Ramesh Shetty|
|College/University||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Computer Applications at Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Debut||Telugu film, Super|
|Height||In centimeters – 178 cm|
In Feet Inches – 5’10”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 62 kg|
In Pounds – 137 lbs
Here are the list of some hit movies of Anushka Shetty, there are many other movies in which she performed well and were successful.
|Year Released||Movie Title(s)|
|2007||Aata, Chiruta, Lakshyam|
|2008||Souryam, King, Baladur|
|2011||Deiva Thirumagal, Panchakshari|
|2012||Damarukam, Thaandavam, Mirchi|
|2014||Baahubali: The Beginning, Rudhramadevi, Baahubali: The Beginning|
|2015||Size Zero, Inji Iduppazhagi, Baahubali: The Conclusion|
|2017||Bhagmati, Baahubali: The Conclusion|
|2019||Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy|
Awards and Achievements
As an actresst Anushka shetty has received many awards. These are some of the awards and achievements of Anushka Shetty, she also got nominated and awarded for many other movies as well.
|Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu||Arundhati||2010|
|SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Telugu||Baahubali: The Beginning||2016|
|Nandi Award for Best Actress||Baahubali: The Beginning||2016|
|SIIMA Award for Best Actress – Telugu||Bhaagamathie||2019|
|Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu||Bhaagamathie||2019|
|Zee Telugu Apsara Awards for Best Actress||Bhaagamathie||2019|
|Zee Cine Telugu Awards for Best Actress||Bhaagamathie||2019|
|Book||The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Actor||Prabhas, Akkineni Nagarjuna, Mahesh Babu|
|Actress(es)||Soundarya, Simran, Jyothika|
Here are some lesser-known facts about Anushka Shetty:
- Anushka Shetty’s real name is Sweety Shetty. She adopted the stage name Anushka Shetty when she entered the film industry.
- Before becoming an actress, Anushka Shetty worked as a yoga instructor. She is a trained yoga instructor and often shares her yoga practices on social media with her fans.
- Anushka Shetty is a black belt in karate. She is also trained in other forms of martial arts such as kickboxing and kalaripayattu.
- Anushka Shetty made her acting debut in the 2005 Telugu film “Super” but it was her role in the blockbuster film “Arundhati” in 2009 that brought her recognition and success.
- Anushka Shetty’s performance in the film “Baahubali: The Beginning” (2015) and “Baahubali: The Conclusion” (2017) were highly praised by critics and audiences alike, making it one of the highest-grossing Indian film of all time.
- Anushka Shetty is known for her philanthropic work, she adopted a village in Andhra Pradesh, India and provided basic facilities to the villagers.
- Anushka Shetty is a vegetarian and is also known for her healthy lifestyle.
- The actress is one of the highest-paid actresses in South Indian cinema and is considered as one of the leading actresses in Indian cinema.
- Anushka Shetty is also known for her humility and graciousness, and is respected for her talent, versatility and work ethic.