Deepika Padukone is an Indian actress and producer who appears primarily in Hindi films. She was born on January 5, 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark, and raised in Bangalore, India. Padukone began her acting career in 2006 with the Kannada film “Aishwarya”. She later made her Bollywood debut in 2007 with the film “Om Shanti Om”, for which she received the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
Padukone has since established herself as one of the leading actresses in Hindi cinema, receiving several awards and nominations for her performances. Some of her notable films include “Love Aaj Kal” (2009), “Chennai Express” (2013), “Padmaavat” (2018), and “Chhapaak” (2020). In addition to acting, Padukone is also a philanthropist and works with various charitable organizations to promote mental health awareness.
Here is a list of some of Deepika Padukone’s hit movies and their release years:
2007: “Om Shanti Om”
2008: “Bachna Ae Haseeno”
2009: “Love Aaj Kal”
2013: “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani”
2013: “Chennai Express”
2015: “Bajirao Mastani”
2016: “xXx: Return of Xander Cage”
|Actual Name:||Deepika Padukone|
|Date Of Barth:||January 5, 1986|
|Birth Place:||Copenhagen, Denmark|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign:||Capricorn|
|Debut:||Kannada : Aishwarya (2006)|
Bollywood : Om Shanti Om (2007)
Hollywood : XXX: Return of Xander Cage (2017)
|Hometown:||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Family:||Father – Prakash Padukone (Former Indian Badminton Player)|
Mother – Ujjala Padukone
Brother – None
Sister – Anisha Padukone (Younger, Golfer)
|School:||Sophia High School, Bengaluru|
|College:||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Education Qualification:||College Drop-Out|
|Hobbies:||Dancing, Reading, Playing badminton, Cooking|
|Likes/Dislikes:||Likes: Eating South Indian snacks, wearing Indian clothes like sarees, chudidaars, to put mascara, gym wear|
Dislikes: Negativity, Wearing Designer Clothes
Deepika Padukone Awards, Honours, Achievements:
Best Female Debut for “Om Shanti Om” (2008)
Best Actress Award for “Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela” (2014)
Best Actress Award for “Piku” (2016)
International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Award
Best Female Debut for “Om Shanti Om” (2008)
Best Actress Award for “Chennai Express” (2014)
Deepika Padukone Favourite Things
|Favourite Dish(s):||Ravioli Bolognese, Pasta, Dal-Chawal, Biryani, Maharashtrian Varan, South Indian Food, Mediterranean Food, Dim Sum, Spaghetti, Pasta, Chocolates|
|Favourite Actor(s):||Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Brad Pitt, Richard Gere|
|Favourite Actress(es):||Hema Malni, Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol|
|Favourite Music:||Not Known|
|Favourite TV Show:||Not Known|
|Favourite Colour(s):||White, Mauve|
|Favourite Resturant(s):||Olive, Ram and Shyam, in Mumbai|
Sunny’s in Bengaluru
Ping Pong, Scalini, in London
Soho House in Toronto
Mabula in South Africa
|Favourite Perfume:||Not Known|
|Favourite Dessert||Not Known|
|Favourite Film(s):||Bollywood : Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge|
Hollywood : Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Color of Paradise, Cinderella Man
|Favourite Singer(s):||A.R. Rahman, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber|
|Favourite Car(s):||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport(s):||Badminton, Football, Polo|
|Favourite Fashion Brand:||Zara|
|Favourite Destination(s):||France, Maldives|
Deepika Padukone Net worth and Car Collection
|Cars Collection:||Audi Q7, Audi A8, Mini Cooper, BMW 5-Series|
|Salary(approx):||14-15 Crore/Film (As in 2018|
|Income (as in 2018)||112.8 crore/annum|
|Net Worth(approx):||$20 Million|
Facts You Never Knew About Deepika Padukone
- Deepika Padukone was born on January 5, 1986 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- She is the daughter of former badminton player Prakash Padukone.
- She began her career as a model before transitioning to acting.
- Padukone made her acting debut in 2006 with the Kannada film “Aishwarya”
- She made her Bollywood debut with the film “Om Shanti Om” in 2007, for which she received the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
- Padukone is considered one of the leading actresses in Hindi cinema and has received several awards and nominations for her performances.
- In addition to acting, Padukone is also a philanthropist and works with various charitable organizations to promote mental health awareness.
- She is also a former brand ambassador of several brands and products.
- In 2018, she was honored with Padma Shri, fourth highest civilian award in India, for her contribution to the field of arts.
- Padukone is considered one of the highest-paid actresses in India and has been featured several times in the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list.
- She is also an active member of the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) and the Producers Guild of India.
- She is married to Indian actor Ranveer Singh.